About Me

A mom of one (so far) and a wife to an Irishman. I LOVE to cook - but most of all I love my job as a mother. And as a mom I have become very conscious of my health & nutrition and that of my family and feel the best way I can help is to make sure I prepare good healthy foods. When I'm not cooking, cleaning or having fun with Aodhan, I am doing hair! And I love it. It's another way I can get creative and make people happy. (see more in the "my turn around" post.)

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Veggie & Lentil Soup - crockpot

Well, it's no surprise that I have been less than enthused about typing up recipes for my blog. I guess I didn't think it was going to be this tedious. I love sharing my recipes, and I love cooking them. But writing them out in exact portions (which is tough because I do so much "to taste") is no fun.

Anyways - here's my recipe for this tasty soup!

2 cups Chicken broth
1 can No Salt Added, diced tomatoes- season with basil & garlic
2 medium zucchini, or yellow squash or 1 of each!
1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup lentils
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp sugar
2 tbsp fresh basil or thyme (I've used dry basil)

Add all to crock pot and stir well. Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 3 hours - until veggies & lentils are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment