About Me

A mom of one (so far) and a wife to an Irishman. I LOVE to cook - but most of all I love my job as a mother. And as a mom I have become very conscious of my health & nutrition and that of my family and feel the best way I can help is to make sure I prepare good healthy foods. When I'm not cooking, cleaning or having fun with Aodhan, I am doing hair! And I love it. It's another way I can get creative and make people happy. (see more in the "my turn around" post.)

Monday, August 23, 2010

My Crock Pot - Chicken & Bean Fiesta Soup

Time to dust off my Blog!!! HA HA!!!

I just need to get better with this thing. I would like to use it at least once a week, but it just means I have to start thinking about dinner the night before. When I do, I LOVE it! Because I don't have to worry about "What's for Dinner" during my day at all! And although, planning and cooking dinner is usually a fun adventure, I don't always have the time! Here's a recipe I thought I would share :)

1 packet of thin cut chicken breast fillets (1 lb-1.5lb or so)
1 finely chopped yellow onion
2 tbsp minced garlic
2 cans of Diced Tomatoes, season with basil and garlic, no salt added
1 4oz can chopped mild green chilies, drained
1 can low sodium chili bean
1 can low sodium white beans
1 yellow squash chopped
1 zucchini chopped
1 19oz can of Green Enchilada Sauce (las palmas)
11/2-2 cups of low sodium chicken broth
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

toppings:
Chopped Cilantro
shredded Cheese
Light Sour Cream

Add everything into crock pot and stir it up. Set on low for 8 hours. Pull chicken out and shred and add back to your soup. Serve with your toppings. I also tend to drain some of the liquid to make it more stew like. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment