About Me

A mom of one (so far) and a wife to an Irishman. I LOVE to cook - but most of all I love my job as a mother. And as a mom I have become very conscious of my health & nutrition and that of my family and feel the best way I can help is to make sure I prepare good healthy foods. When I'm not cooking, cleaning or having fun with Aodhan, I am doing hair! And I love it. It's another way I can get creative and make people happy. (see more in the "my turn around" post.)

Monday, April 26, 2010

Soy & Lime Beef & Noodles

I had 2 sirloin steaks thawed and was thinking - I'll just throw these on the grill. But they were kinda fatty, so I needed to slice them up....plus I don't like being so uncreative with my food. So what to cook with sliced Sirloin...... a ha! Here we go...

2 Sirloin Steaks - about a pound or more
3-4 tbsp of peanut oil
1 small/medium red onion cut into 8 wedges (or 10 - whatever)
3/4 of a carton of mushrooms, sliced (I used crimini but whichever)
Splash of soy sauce (maybe 2-3 splashes - do this to taste!)
Juice of one lime - 2 if they are small.
1 tbsp of honey
1/2 cup of green onions
half of a yellow bell pepper sliced into strips
Spaghetti Noodles (I use wheat noodles) 2-3 servings worth

1. Slice thin slices of 2 steaks -Cut out all the fat! Season with garlic powder - set aside
2. Start a pot of water to boil - when water boils, add your noodles.
3. Combine soy, lime juice & honey with a couple of shakes of garlic powder -taste it - add what you need (if any). set aside.
4. Heat a wok or nonstick pan with 1 tbsp of peanut oil. Add red onions and bell peppers and stir fry until they are soft - 5 minutes or so. Add green onions and beef - stir fry for another 5 minutes. Add the soy mixture. Continue stirring.
5. Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes until they release their juices.

Noodles:
1. Drain your noodles and add to heated nonstick pan with 1 tbsp of peanut oil.
2. Sprinkle some garlic powder all over
3. Add a splash of soy or 2
4. Add your steak and veggies to the noodles - and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment